Introducing... Gallon Man and Gallon Gal!!
Here's what you'll need:
4 sheets of paper (we used card stock I had on hand, but other classes used different colored construction paper)
paper plates (optional)
crayons (Oh, yes my friends! We used CRAYONS!!)
1. Take first sheet of paper and label it GALLON. This is the Gallon Man's body/chest.
2. Take second sheet of paper and fold/cut it into even fourths. Label each fourth QUART. These will be connected to Gallon Man. Two are for the arms, two for the legs.
3. Take third sheet of paper and fold/cut it into even eighths. Label each eighth PINT. Two PINTS should be glued to each QUART- making the arms and legs longer.
4. Take fourth sheet of paper and fold/cut it into even sixteenths. Label each sixteenth CUP. Two CUPS should be glued onto each PINT- creating fingers and toes.
5. Students can decorate the paper plates to make faces for their Gallon Men or Gallon Gals. Plates are then stapled onto the complete body.
Here are our creations!
Great job, Soldiers!